So, we have a problem. First, some background. We have the Server, which is to say, the Mo' Cretures Server. It is the actual game world, and everything related to it. Then we have the server (lowercase S), which is the actual machine the game runs on. I call it a server, although it is technically a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro. I know how to set it up to basically the same as a Windows server.
The issue is the server stopped working last night (July 18th). After a lot of testing I determined the primary hard drive is starting to fail. Serveral sectors (basically the small sections of a hard drive disk) are damaged. They are mostly early sectors, which contain 1) the Windows system files, and 2) the Mo' Creatures Server. The Windows install is shot. No fixing it. The Mo' Creatures server I am not sure about yet. Based on the the work I've done so far, if there is damage, it should only be some files. I won't know for sure for a while, partially because I have stuff I prioritize over roaming around the map, and trying to test player files. So, in the mean time, I am going to move forward with are other plans.
To start, I am going to put together a 1.12 server for us to play on. I am choosing this purely because I can put it together in under a day, and 1.12 has plenty of stuff and blocks to play with that aren't in 1.7.10. I will then start trying to figure out setting up a 1.10 Mo' Creatures Server. As I said before, I do not know exactly what I am doing in that regard, so I do not have an ETA on that. If people want, I might even leave both up since, the other stuff I used the server for are out of comission anyways.
The modified rules for the 1.12 server:
21) No invisibility potion usage without permission (Permission is hereby granted for the Nether, the End, Sea Temples, and Mansions)
22) Avoid creating drama by spreading rumors or badmouthing other players or staff
23) Avoid settling within 100 blocks of another player, unless you have their permission, or unless you are in a town or settlement.
24) Branch mining is allowed on your own property or under the ocean floor ONLY.
25) Open pit mines cannot be made closer than 100 blocks from another players region, must leave the top 3-4 surface blocks intact, and must be on land specifically claimed by you.
26) Use of AFK machines is not allowed by players OR staff. (No longer seems relevant due to server performance, but do not complain if you are using one during a server restart or other interruption)
28) The server rules also apply to the forums